I was snooping around Watson Inc’s blog … you know, just stopping by for a friendly chat (whilst really checking out the competition) and, thought that I should just add my 2,000,000,000 cents worth to his surprising ‘facts’ about millionaires [my quotation marks]:
– I didn’t inherit my money – I might, but one of the reasons that I’m self-made ‘rich’ is because I always expected (still expect) this little family nest-egg to be squandered well before it hits me.
– I don’t feel rich – I did for about one nano-second after receiving my second big payout, but the current financial crisis hit pretty soon thereafter, and reality set in.
– I don’t have a high-paying job – in fact, the only time I was paid more than $60,000 a year was about 8 years BEFORE I started my $7 million 7 year journey, and again AFTER, when I formed my US joint venture and realized somebody else was actually picking up 49% of my ‘tab’.
– I drive fancy cars – D’uh yeah! What’s the point of being rich if you don’t get the vroom and the bling?!
– I don’t hang around the golf course all day – I struggle to find time to: play golf; spend more than 1/2 to 1 mid-week day with my wife; a 1/2 day playing poker (yes, it’s true that I’m a degenerate); and, so on. I’m too busy with my blogs and projects … and, travel!
– I am not an elitist – if I was, would I be ‘talking’ to you? 😛
…. most importantly, I am definitely NOT a millionaire.
Millionaires can’t afford to do/be any of the things that Shawn suggests … I think he’s actually referring to us multi-millionaires 😉
By the way, I encourage you to pop over and read the comments on this particular post; Shawn and I had a very interesting discussion about the practical nature of wealth … check it out here.