For the remainder of this week I want to do something that I believe has never been done in the history of Personal Finance: encourage spending!
Why would I do a ‘heathen’ thing like that:
1. Well spending is good for the economy … it’s how we got things going after WW2 … go ahead be a Patriot!
2. Money has NO PURPOSE until you spend it
3. Money SPENT NOW is worth more than MONEY SPENT later (due to a little thing called Inflation)
4. Learning when/how to spend is AS IMPORTANT as learning how to save … after all, you WILL spend b/w 50% and 90% of your weekly paycheck!
5. If you don’t SPEND when you CAN and SHOULD, society has a word for you: Miser and we don’t want to confuse being SENSIBLE with being STUPID, do we?
But, there is a why and a wherefore that I will be exploring for the rest of this week … enjoy!
And, don’t forget to let me know what you think … we want to be on the cutting-edge of Personal Finance thinking, not the BLEEDING EDGE … your feedback will help us determine where we stand.